Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Heavy Duty

Kimi's gaining weight fast while I'm sheding the excess slowly. =) After 5 weeks, I am down to 111lbs (50 point something kg) from a max of 138lbs (63kg) and Kimi 11lbs (5kg) from 7.48lbs (3.4kg) at birth. I guess I have to thank the sleepless nights, breastfeeding and a healthy but weak appetite. Because of such drastic decrease, I even got scolding from E-ling, a former colleague at TPDL, a mom to a 1 yr-old boy who's still burning her excess adipose and, mind you, who's younger than me when she saw my photo with Kimi. To quote:

"Hey, how r u? sorry for not replying. i was in a rush when i saw your email that day, and forgotten all about it. hehe hey, i thought i asked u to take care of yourself huh?!!! how come a person still in confinement month look so skinny and pale? hey, this is not a good time to start dieting yet ok? both u and kimi need nutrients. specially u!!! if u don't take care of your body now, u'll suffer later, especially when u get older. trust me. i m an example for that next time u send me your photo, i expect to see reddish cheeks on both baby n mama ok? or else u better don;t send me photo coz i m gonna give u another lecture. don't care if u hate me for it. ok"

I just had to tell her that maybe the angle of the shot made me look thin. It's true!! *harhar* I'm not really "die-eating". I don't know but I'm not as voracious as during my pregnancy or even before conception. Perhaps, it's the absence of green and red hot!hot!hot! chilli peppers and Teh Peng (hawker Iced Tea with Milk). It's definitely what adds spice to all that is bland & wonderful. *wink*

Well, I am so thankful to have these people (my TPDL family) around 'though across the miles for they had been so caring since Day 1 of my infanticipation especially during the days when Hubi wasn't available. They were more excited than I was. And until now they are. *sigh* I'm missing their company so much. Who knows? I might be seeing them again...now with Kimi *wink*

My goal: achieve my ideal weight!

It's not to please anybody but I need to fit into my old clothes.
Mahal ata bumili ng bago! I'm already medium and more so bum!

No comments: