Tuesday, February 27, 2007

"Napakasakit, Kuya Eddie"

I earned the biggest insult this afternoon and I don't know how to react. I'm smiling inside 'though. =)

(flashback)
Burmese lady housekeeper/dispatch lady: "You pregnant?"

Eileen: "Yes..why?"

Burmese lady housekeeper/dispatch lady: "Oh, I thought you were becoming fat and still single."

Eileen: "No, I'm 5 months already and happily married."

Burmese lady housekeeper/dispatch lady: "Ah..that's why it looked so strange that you grow big only in front. I'm sorry. "

Eileen: "It's alright."*chuckling*


Gosh..all the while I thought I'm sooo obviously pregnant. I should have heeded my colleagues' advice to start wearing this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

now where in the world did that Burmese lady came from? i believe Burmese women get pregnant too, right?

Free PSP Game Download

En said...

she seemed naive(?) 'though =)
...oh well