Sunday, February 11, 2007

Ambiguous Aura

Whilst the locals are all busy shopping, cleaning and preparing for the Chinese New Year which falls on the eve of February 17, I am likewise, somewhat joining the buzz. Today, I've begun freeing my luggage (yes, I keep them in one for my convenience) from unwanted documents - printouts, fliers, brochures, photocopies, cv's, bill statements etcetera etcetera. It appears that I have accumulated a lot in a span of 2.5yrs. I guess, I'm already starting to prepare for a major shift come mid-year. I'm really sad but as if I have a choice.

Not looking forward to any fancy celebration since I am a Noypi, unless, of course, invited. For the Chinese, the holidays are solely devoted for their respective families 'coz it's just once they could get together and make this an excuse for excessive splurging. This is gonna be my last CNY here in Merlion's haven.....but who knows?

It's so difficult to let go for I have loved everything about this place. Read: place, not people, well..perhaps only a gentle few. I will definitely cherish all the memories I've had.

Pardon me if I'm being too mushy. With all the hormones pumping, then I have more than a hundred reasons. All it takes is an unbiased ear to understand.

*note: I've got Mrs. already attached to my name, so I am no longer entitled to "ang pao"s *boohoo* ;p

No comments: