Thursday, November 08, 2007

First...and hopefully the last!

We were away for a few days; hence, no update. It was our first time to bring Kimi outside of his "comfort zone", i.e., Baguio City. =) Ditto for me, postpartum. After May, I had fine tuned myself to the chill so it wasn't easy adapting to the climate of the lowlands.

Upon reaching our destination, I had a different feeling in my throat. I knew I will be progressing to a sore throat and I was right the day after plus an excruciating headache. Perhaps, the aircon was to blame? Or having a wet mane while sleeping. So I had to pop in Tylenol & Cephalexin. I was quite relieved. We went around and around and around the next day since we had nothing much to do. Same exposure to hot & cold atmosphere, my throat went back to it's swollen state despite the antibiotic. The worse news is, on Day 3, after waking up, I started to notice redness in my eyes. Again, I thought, it was a result of interrupted sleep and lack of it, but, I was wrong. While we were loitering around (again), my eyes started to blur every now and then. I had to check whether I lost my contact lenses or what. I got a small mirror and saw yellowish discharge looking like pus collecting underneath the lids. At times, lodging at the corner of the eyes or dripping when excess.

Yikes! Bilasang isda!

This was my first. I've never had sore eyes in my life!!! Grr! I had to sweep the "pus" with tissue so it won't mask my lenses. Haayyy.....

I can empathize with a friend who had encountered the same last Nov.1. And I think, nahawa ako sa kanya. An unforgettable remembrance to wrap up our meeting/reunion on the same day after 6 years or more.

I'm just thankful it didn't last long and it spared Kimi and Hubi. Thanks to Ofloxacin drops & Eye-Mo!

Ayoko na tong maulit pa!

Knock on wood, please?

2 comments:

The Nashman said...

ew.

En said...

ew ka jan! ;p