Thursday, November 01, 2007

Aftermath

It's not customary to celebrate Halloween in my hometown and elsewhere in the Philippines. Celebration meaning trick-or-treating from house to house with the experience of being shooed away and not merely participating in a best in costume contest and rewarded a glittery sash. Well, with the exception of one barangay which on its 2nd year merrymakes by letting the participants, mostly kids in costume, parade around their vicinity. Mabuhay ang Hillside!

Speaking of contests, I think I will triumph had I joined. I have the ickiest mask, not to say, skin deep. Authentic! I had to bear the repeated prick and heat of cautery to create the illusion. No ink, no sticker, no Swarovski! =) I didn't realize, however, that the eyesore could linger for a few days more. Grrr, that's the price I have to pay.

Kung pwede lang, ayoko na atang ulitin! =)


note: Pregnancy made me susceptible to warts/serangoma

No comments: