Sunday, December 03, 2006

"It's the thought that counts"

22 days to go before Christmas and obviously everyone is busy shopping presents for their loved ones. Some who are not used to the habit are forced to because of company parties where each has to participate in exchange gifts. It has been customary. Besides, who doesn't want to receive gifts anyway? We all need to pacify the kid in us, hungry for fun & surprises.

I guess, it would be totally different for me this year. As much as I would want to sweep all the showcase windows, I cannot. I need to isolate myself from all these people rushing about; prevent myself from rubbing elbows with the busy bees whilst carrying bags & bags of goodies. Shoo, stress, don't bother me! I am not fussy, but I am a crowd hater, not to say, "the risky condition." Just like the weather, it directly affects my temper. Hot/Crowded = 100 degC
For now, it's better to heed the doctor's advice than to regret later on. At least I can strongly attest that I did do my part to nourish the pregnancy. *knock on wood*

Btw, I prefer to shop alone. There are many things on my Xmas list now and all I can do is stare at them. Yes, there's internet shopping but I have this attitude that I must have a look at the product first with my bare eyes & hands before I purchase it. Then can I be contented. Hello? Looks can be deceiving. =)

So definitely, I would have to pass up the chance this time. Sacrifice Eileen!! Perhaps, wishing & greeting all the people close to me would already suffice. I'm sure they would understand. Pakilista na lang po muna! Again, I'm not used to it. Hmmm...I guess a small keychain is enough. Hey, it's the most common pasalubong of Pinoys you know *hehehe...kidding* We'll see, we'll see. When I have set my foot back home, things might change. Chocolate crinkles lang ang katapat...o walis o peanut brittle! *wink*

Finding gifts for our folks or in-laws has always been troublesome. It seems to be the hardest part. *sigh* This time 'though, there won't be any problem. And to think, I didn't even do any window shopping prior. I have found a present & it will be this simple:

Eileen, on the eve of Christmas:
"Maligayang pasko po! (habang nagmamano). Eto po ang regalo namin sa inyo...(while pointing at Bunny)
See? soooo simple. Looks like my pregnancy is such a good timing.
Aba! wais ata si Lumen! ;p




To quote one petition from this Sunday's Prayer for the Faithful:

"May this Advent Season not be a time
for mindless consumerism, but a time for re-creation of human
hearts..."

This one so struck me for there are a superficial few who tend to forget what Christmas is all about. You, yes you...do you really know what we are celebrating for?

Anyways, enjoy the Holidays people. See you when I see you, Fwends!!!

No comments: