Sunday, December 17, 2006

The Nearness of You

Seven days to go and it's Christmas time!!! *yipee* The sad thing is I haven't purchased anything (yet). *boohoo* If I have mentioned before that I won't be doing any shopping, I lied. We will try on the last minute; me & Hubi. Now that the cramps are rare, hopefully, the plan would push through and there would be no other place to go but the mass mall on top of the hill. Once I'm already Up There, that is. =) 'Though I'm not as sure whether we'd be able to find any likeable gift. Ah, bahala na! As we all know, it's the thought and food that counts. =)

I haven't felt the spirit here even if in my heart I know that it's nearly Xmas. *sigh* Not any sign in our neighborhood; only at the CBD & the shopping malls are the symbols ubiquitous & slightly exaggerated. A few days more & I shall be enveloped by the Ghost of Baguio Christmas a.k.a. malamig na malamig na hamog at ulap na hamog. I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again..and again, not to mention, the food!food!food! =)

To everyone, Merry Christmas in advance and a Prosperous New Year too!!!!!

A few ways to say "Merry Christmas" ala United Colors of Benetton
source: Google
Filipino/ Tagalog [Philippines]
"Regalo ko po" *kidding* "Maligayang Pasko"

Arabic
"Milad Majid" OR "Milad Saeed"

Argentine
"Feliz Navidad"

Bohemian
"Vesele Vanoce"

Brazilian Portuguese
"Feliz Natal"

Cambodian
"Soursdey Noel"

Chinese
[Mandarin]
"Sheng Dankuai Le"

Chinese [Cantonese]
"Sing Daan Faai Lok"

Dutch
"Vrolijk Kerstfeest"

English
[American]
"Merry Christmas"

English [Australian]
"'Ave a bonza Chrissy, Mate"

English [UK]
"Happy Christmas"

Finnish
"Hauskaa Joulua"

French
"Joyeux Noël"

German
"Froehliche Weihnachten"

Greek
"Kala Christouyenna"

Hawaiian
"Mele Kalikimaka"

Hebrew
"Mo'adim Lesimkha. Chena tova"

Hindi
"Shub Badadin"

India
"Tamil Nadu - Christmas Vaazthukkal"

Indonesian
"Selamat Hari Natal"

Iraqi
"Idah Saidan Wa Sanah Jadidah"

Irish
"Nollaig Shona Duit"

Italian
"Buon Natale"

Japanese
"Meri Kurisumasu"

Korean
"Sung Tan Jul Chuk Ha"

Malay
"Selamat Hari Natal dan Tahun Baru"

Peru
"Felices Fiestas" OR "Feliz Navidad"

Spanish
"Feliz Navidad"

Thai
"Suksan Christmas"

Vietnamese
"Chuc Mung Giang Sinh"

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey En!

You spending Christmas here in our little foggy city?

Happy Holidays!!!
Glad to here the cramps are subsiding, but I guess the food craving is still reaching its peak! hehehe

I too still have a long shopping list. :(

Anonymous said...

my gift better be on time....

En said...

yup, yup, yup Alternati! enjoy the holidays! has is started to snow? well..asa pa! =)

Nash, electronic gift pwede? in response to ur electronic greeting that is ;p tnx btw!