Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Spectacled

It's that time of year again. READ: Eye check-up. It is the only test I comply with religiously. I don't like it.

Firstly, I already know what my result would be. My prescription increased..again. (now: -5.25/-5.00 + astigmatism)

Secondly, I will have to shell out money out-of-the-pocket 'coz my insurance will only cover one thing, either the glasses or the contact lenses. I always get both. Not because of vanity; I need it! How would you even enjoy a 3D movie with the 3D glasses on top of your specs? Or swim and snorkel?

And last but not the least, who likes to wear eyeglasses, anyway?

If there's one thing I regret, it's that. My fault. I used to think that wearing eyeglasses is uber cool and stylish. So, I intentionally abused my 20/20 vision when I was young. I was 14 then. It is my deepest secret..shh. I used to read under dim light laying down on the bed while hoping for the best. Alas! Success! I was prescribed corrective lenses with -0.25. My dream came true! It wasn't bad after all, or so I thought. It never dawned on me that it could become worse, worst. There had been days/nights when I opened my eyes and I felt like the world was spinning around. Had to go to an EENT Dr. to rule out vertigo/disequilibrium. I was fine. Next was to check on my eyesight. That was the culprit. My prescription had changed. The cycle occurred year after year after year.

The only fun part of any check-up is that I have the right to try on all the frames that are on display. All shapes and color. In my case, I always choose the angular frames 'coz my face is round and fat lol. Here are a few of the ones I had used before.

Doesn't do anything much, right? Same banana.

People who are visually challenged get to see a whole different picture--people with no faces, abstract figures and peculiar images. Our eyes have special effects. It could achieve a good "bokeh" better than any Canon or Nikon lens. ;)

* bokeh (boh-kay or sometimes boh-kÉ™) is the aesthetic quality of the blur produced in the out-of-focus parts of an image produced by a lens. -Wikipedia

No comments: