Friday, December 05, 2008

Happy Holidays!

Christmas is near at hand! 19 days to go and it's time to celebrate! *yipee*

Well, us, Filipinos never miss it...wherever we may be. It's not all about the food, nor the gifts, nor the treats, nor the snow, nor the elegant Christmas trees, nor the thousands of bucks one has inside his pocket. It's the communion of hearts, the reunion of soul and joyously welcoming the birth of JC, transcending time and space.

Of course, all of us know this duh. *wink* Oops...I'm not preaching :) I don't have remarkable knowledge either.

I just feel a bit sentimental. I really am not used to celebrating the holidays away from home. This will be my 2nd time. Last 2004, I was "alone". I can remember spending it with my flatmates. We had Noche Buena, played Scrabble and Monopoly afterwards til morning. Haay, it was truly difficult.

On the 25th, it will be totally different 'though. I will be distant from home but then I am no longer alone now. Kimi and Hubi shall be keeping me company. *yehey* Royal Rumble 'to! We will never know how to celebrate it until the day comes. Impromptu na lang!

We'll see how. No definite plans yet. What to prepare? Where to celebrate? In the end, it might be the two of us left, Hubi and I. Kimi could already be asleep come Noche Buena. He will no longer get the chance to see Santa sneak through the chimney.

Hmmm...we don't have a chimney anyway. *grin*

Let me be the first to greet you all....HAPPY HOLIDAYS friends!

a Xmas float @ Orchard Road

No comments: