Sunday, August 31, 2008

House 2 House

The doorbell sounded as Kimi and I were watching Wonderpets in the living room. I didn't bother when I saw a few youngsters leaving as I peeped through the fish eye door hole. I thought they were those who try to solicit or sell something espeysyal offer door-to-door. I went back to my seat then the doorbell rang again. The people were back so i had no choice but to open the door. I tagged Kimi along. Around 6 secondary school students were outside and one of the girls handed over a box of mooncakes. I was quite puzzled why the gesture. Siguro may catch, I said to myself. When suddenly, an adult lady started to speak and said that they were wishing each home, each family a Happy Mooncake Festival. She aked the girl to give the leaflet on her hand. I asked where they were from and she said, from the Presbyterian Church just across the street. The lady said, if ever we have time, we can join them. I just replied back; "Oh ok, and by the way, thank you for the mooncakes!" They left as Kimi waved goodbye.

What a nice way to greet someone's day. Such a great timing as I like mooncakes...yum..yum!

Yey! It's the start of the Mid-Autumn and Lantern Festival! Have a nice day everyone!

No comments: